7.20.2008

I'm A Yard Sale Failure


Well, money-wise the yard sale was a total bust. I sold two items. After deducting the amount I spent on poster board for the signs and to photocopy the fliers for my neighbors to join me (2 did by the way) I netted a grand total of $1. Sad, I know. But you know what? In preparing for the yard sale, I straightened up my basement and right after the sale I took most of my junk to Goodwill. I didn't take it all; I separated out some things for the consignment shop cause I also called the shop where I dropped off some things before I went to Ethiopia and found out I have a check waiting for me there for $27 so I actually feel like I made $28 (which is still less than last week but more than I had before). Also, since I was sitting outside I met my new neighbors, Jennifer and Clint. They just moved in two doors down, a young newlywed couple in their 30's. They were very nice and I don't know how long it would have been before I ran into them so it wasn't a total loss.

















No comments: