7.28.2008
inside the orphanage
While keeping within the guidelines of not showing close ups of children or pictures of children who have been matched with families, I think this is a pretty decent selection of photos. For great photos of kids without restrictions, you can leave me a comment and I can direct you to my Facebook page where we are allowed to post pictures since they aren't accessible to the public.
Playing soccer was a daily occurrence...and the kids are good!
Holding, kissing, cuddling, hugging, feeding the babies..one of the best parts of my day!
The kids did chores M-Th. here one group is sorting laundry.
A sweetie-pie having some milk.
the caregivers
This little cutie was thirsty and was clever enough to get her own water!
lunchtime
Every morning they bring the babies out to relax, bare-bottomed, in the sunshine. Adorable!
Babies in cribs in the baby house.
This was at a going away party for a boy who was leaving for America that night. They sang songs and had treats to celebrate his good fortune.
I pushed together their Bumbo seats so they could bond! :)




The compound was really nice. Even had swings!
Saying good-bye was heart-wrenching. We cried and many kids gave me gifts. Here I am with one of the wonderful girls on my last day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Do you know how many kids live there?
Is it possible for an American to adopt the school and send supplies there?
I wanted to start my foundation to help underpriviledge children and I wonder if you knew or had the name of a person who would have information.
Stay Blessed and have a great week!
Sen
PS..I also posted the comment about teaching at a community college.
sen!!!
i've missed you! how are you doing? i checked in on your blog and left a comment there.
as far as your questions, about 150 kids live there at any given time. they have a 100% success rate of adoption so the numbers fluctuate. i am sure they would love supplies. what a wonderful idea to start a foundation. i will leave the info on your blog since i can't recall your email address.
laura
ps thanks for the comm coll idea. i looked into it. :-)
The pics are amazing.
Robbin
Hey Laura... I've been following along since you left for your trip... I am an AAI parent/volunteer, and am on my way back for our next child (Tensaye 12 @Layla) You may remember her! I would love to see the rest of your pics, and if you have any of 'T', I would enjoy those as well...
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, and Best of Luck with your own family building!
Mandie
socialbug69@hotmail.com
Laura--you left a comment on my blog thedalaimama.net about pics of my baby girl. She is an AAI baby (both of our kiddos are). AAI is awesome and I am so glad you were able to volunteer there and really see it on a day to day basis. I would love any pics you have of our little girl during your time there--those early photos are so very precious and cherished.
email me at dmk1da @ umsl.edu
Hi Laura-
Sorry, I don't have a blog.
If you don't mind; would you email me the info whenever you have a free moment.
Thank and Be Blessed!
Sen
Sexyhotlvr@aol.com
Hey saw your comment on Senja's blog- I've been checking in a lot too. She doesn't live in the states though, so that Sen (that commented here) must be a different one...
hmmm now i'm confused for sure!?
Laura-
I don't have a blog but I would love the info about the school.
Sen
it's an orphanage in addis run by adoption advocates international. AAI is based in port angeles, WA.
Post a Comment