7.14.2008

Wedding

I went to a wedding yesterday. It was so beautiful. I love weddings and I, myself, would love to have a beach wedding. The weather was absolutely perfect. Very warm, but with an occasional breeze and not a cloud in the sky. They had a small white tent set up and white chairs, facing the water and flowers tied to the tent poles. Very simple and pretty. My friend Nikki, the bride, was an old roommate of mine from NYC. We met when I was waitressing in Paris and she was there doing a summer program that Parsons offered (where she was fashion design student). She came into the restaurant for dinner one night with her mother and we hit it off. I think we only saw each other one other time in Paris but when I returned to the States I decided I wanted to live in NY so I did. I called her when I arrived and she and her roommate had just been robbed so the three of us got an apt. together. That was eighteen ago! She has since moved to London --at first to work for Perry Ellis but now she has her own company, Nikkitabella Baby--and is now married to a great British guy named Andrew. By the way, for all you fashion-forward new moms out there who want your babies in great quality clothes, check out her knitwear. There is even a picture of Apple Martin (Gwenyth Paltrow's daughter) wearing one of her sweaters. ~click here~

It was a perfect day.

The invitation said the dress was "summer elegant: whites and lights".

Andrea and I with the groom's brother. Andrea was my back up date since my date cancelled. Thanks, girl ;-)


me and the bride


No comments: