7.03.2007

Step One. Check.

Well, I did it. I faxed my initial information sheet off to Gladney. I also spoke to DP and she said if I get right on my paperwork I could have a child in March, 9 months (the same as a pregnancy!) I need to think about the timing. Do I try to pick up my child closer to spring break or closer to summer? Gosh, is this really happening?! I am so nervous! Do any other adoptive parents feel this way or is everyone completely gung ho by the time they do this? I guess with all the money and stress surrounding adoption, the parents-to-be are probably all totally ready. I guess I feel more like those families who get pregnant the minute they start trying.... like, 'yes, we want a family but we didn't think it would happen right away'... And like them, I am sure the closer I get to the "due date", the more excited I will become. I will never feel totally ready doing this by myself, I'm sure, so why not do it now? I mean, shoot, I am getting even more long in the tooth as each day passes! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that we support you 100%. As you know, I'm very partial to babies & we don't have enough of them in this family !! Love, AuntB