In honor of getting more than 1,000 hits (though only 16 comments-hint, hint) I thought it I would post 1,000 interesting facts things about me. Where do I begin? My life is so incredibly fascinating. I speak dozens of languages and publish journal articles and was valedictorian of my college class... NOT!!! I'm not even sure I can think of 10 interesting facts about me, but I'll give it a go. Try to stay awake...
1. I did my junior year of high school in Jos, Nigeria. My dad was on sabbatical and took the whole family with him. I loved attending an international school.
2. Grace Jones offered me some champagne once at a Michael Jackson concert. I said to her, "I don't think we can drink here" and of course she laughed at me as she popped the cork!
3. I got straight A's in grad school except for the class where I met my (ex) boyfriend.
4. I waitressed in Paris one summer after college at Randy and Jay's American Barbecue. I would take the metro home after work and was taunted by some French teenagers once on the metro (in the car alone with them at 1 in the morning!) I cursed them out in English and they left me alone. (thank God)
5. I met a match.com guy once in front of a restaurant on the Champs Elysees (different summer!) It sounds romantic, but unfortunately it wasn't a match.
6. I have been offered jobs in Togo, Shanghai, Sao Paulo and London but foolishly turned them all down. Maybe I'll get another offer when my kid is school-aged.
7. I am a scrapbooking consultant for Close to My Heart.
Wanna order something? ;-)
8. Jamie Foxx sat me down at the piano in his basement studio a couple of years ago and sang to me. I should have kissed him! (that would have made for a much better anecdote)
9. My middle name means joy/happiness in Tagalog.
10. I have completed two marathons--The Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage and The Rock 'n Roll Marathon in San Diego. My best time was 6:45:52 in Anchorage. Not bad considering there was a heatwave in Alaska that summer and I walked the whole thing! (and beat a bunch of runners!!!)
That was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!!
Note to self: do some more interesting things with your life.
7.18.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hey Laura,
I enjoyed reading the 1,000 comments about you.....one question-
Where are the other 990?
Thanks Stu! Coming up with ten was a challenge!
Post a Comment