7.18.2007

My little ol' house

This is my house. It's 80 years old this year and at times it shows it's age (no offense to my octogenarian relatives!) :-) Since I moved in last year I have had to put on a new roof, sand and refinish the floors, paint and add central air. OK, I actually didn't do any of that myself, except a bit of painting. It's coming along slowly. Had I known it was going to be so much work, I probably would have bought another condo instead, but I bought it with my future baby in mind. It's not bad really now that I am getting used to all the things it needs and now that some rooms are getting finished. Clearly it's a process, a lo-o-o-o-ng process that I hadn't counted on but it is nice to have a decent-sized space to call my own (and it cost less than my condo in LA that I bought four years before!) If you're in the area, stop by and see the new paint downstairs! :-)

No comments: