7.02.2007
One Step Closer...
Today I pulled out all the paperwork from DC Child and Family Services and I sat and looked at it. And I thought and thought and thought. And although I want to keep all my options open, I just can't get past the possibility of raising a child for I don't know how long and in the end he/she gets reunited with the birth family. So, tomorrow I will call my social worker over there, tell her my concerns and suggest she go ahead and close my file. That was a difficult decision, to be honest, hugely because of cost. Adopting through the foster care system is around $20 (cost of fingerprinting) vs. international adoption, which is almost $20,000. But even with the cost, I am confident it is the right decision. It will all work out in the end. So, tomorrow I will fax my informational sheet off to Gladney!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Congratulations!
Thanks Tami!!
Post a Comment