I accepted a referral!!! I got it over two weeks ago and it's been so hard to keep it quiet, but I couldn't post until I got the opportunity to share the news with my parents in person and I wasn't able to drive there until yesterday! It's been a crazy couple of weeks filled with insane work and personal obligations but I can finally exhale and share my joy with all of you. She is an adorable little girl with soft curls and beautiful, bright eyes. Though I hold my breath and guard my heart until I pass court, I am thrilled. Two years, five months in the adoption process. 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days waiting for a referral. It's been a long road but my time has finally arrived.
Here are two videos.
The first one explains the events of that day.
The second one is of me opening her photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




37 comments:
Yeah!!! Congratulations from Lydia and I...and the rest of our clan too:) Happy day!
Becky
YAY!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I cannot wait to see her beautiful face. Congratulations Mommy!!
Holy cow!!! Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed that you have a successful court date very, very soon! I'm soooooooo happy for you!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.
you KNOW how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!
AND YOU.
M
Best referral video ever! You are adorable, and I am very happy for you. You have waited a long time. Congratulations on your bright-eyed daughter.
Congrats!!! I love these posts! They're the greatest!! Hope you get some court news soon!
wow wow WOW!! Congratulations!!
Thrilled for you and for her.
Wow! Congratulations! Looking forward to following the next steps in your "journey to motherhood"!
Stefanie
Ok.
You are naughty, naughty, naughty.
But I will forgive you.
YAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Can you email me a pic??/ Pretty pretty please?????????????
Yippee!!!! Yes we definitely must talk as your daughter will likely be coming home around the same age as Holly did. Sorry I haven't called yet - I'll try this week. Probably can't get together til after thanksgiving though as we are going away for a week.
I'm so very happy for you!!!!!
AMAZING!! I am so excited for you!! Can't wait to keep reading and following along on your journey!! :-)
Congrats and since I was lucky enough to see a picture of her...SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!
Oh congratulations on your DAUGHTER!!!!
Love the video and your speechlessness :)
Congratulations! Now I wish I had video of my referral.
Congrats on becoming a Mommy. What a great Christmas present.
Sen
YAAAAYYY!!!!!
Huge congratulations to you! This is so wonderful. Every day I check your blog and Tami's, hoping for this news.
I could only watch the 2nd vid so far and you made me cry. I can't wait to see the other one.
I am so happy for you.
Now I am REALLY glad that we're going to see you!! I can't wait to see pictures.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm SO happy for you!!
Christina (long-time lurker). :)
Your referral video is great. I'm so happy for you. I was thinking about you and hoping that you would get your referral soon.
Happy happy day!
I got your message and hey, you TOTALLY did the right thing. You HAVE to tell your parents first! Absolutely!
I wish you could have video taped your parents reaction!!!!!!
They are gonna LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEE her.
(I think my parents love Charlie more than they love me!)
(Which is fine, I'm thrilled to share the spotlight!)
Congrats again, this is sooo exciting. And when I visit in DC our daughters can have a play date! Yay!
A1s
PS You can send photos to family and friends as long as they won't post them on line. Which I won't, of course.
Congrats!! Enjoy your special day!
Congratulations. I am so happy for you. Now the real fun begins.
Congratulations!! I was in tears watching you seeing her pictures for the first time! So exciting!
Congratulations!!!! Now you have to hustle hustle hustle!
Hey!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy to hear your great news! Looking forward to seeing your sweet girl home with you.
Congrats! I am so excited for you..
Celeste!
Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your special moment with us. So happy for you!
Pat
Congratulations! And thanks for stopping by my blog - I can't believe I haven't come across yours before this, but I'll be following along now!
Yayyyyyyyy! That's the sound of me screaming from Florida. Congratulations and God bless.
Wow - found you through malodorousmess, and have been crying at work! Congratulations and can't wait to hear more about your adoption!
Adopted my daughter last January and got the referral in December 2008. Do something completely different this Christmas and then make your traditions with your daughter next year!
Where Have I Been??????
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
You have been on my mind for the past week and somehow, your update didn't appear on my blogspot.
I'll be praying for your courtdate and can't wait for your travel date!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!
How did I miss THIS??? Congratulations!!! What a week - you and Jocelyn! Yay for the single girls! Hope you get your court date soon - like on Monday!!!
WHAT?!!!
This is what happens when I go and have bronchitis and cannot even read my blogger!!!
I'm so sorry that I'm so late in this congratulations!!!!
Wow!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!
I'm so thrilled for you!
now i'm going to reaad about it.
wow, wow, wow!
and
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COngratulations!!! What an exciting time :) can't wait to see her beautiful photo when you pass court.
Congratulations! I had no idea! I'm so happy for you! I'm tickled! You really seem like a sweet lady. God bless.
I missed this in my blog hiatis! Sp??
OMG..... MORE than excited for you and I CANNOT wait to see pictures of your beauty! Much love! xoxox Lori
Post a Comment