
I had my third and final (?) yard sale today. I got a TON of donations and the forecast was for 70 degrees and sunny so I was pretty confident it would be a success. I had planned on doing it alone like last time but somewhere along the way I realized that was not going to be possible. For example, who would watch the things out to the front yard as I went back and forth into the house to set up? And what if I had to take a bathroom break? What then?
At the eleventh hour I sent out a desperate email begging and pleading for assistance and so many people came through for me. It was all seeming to come together. Sun, lots of help and lots of donations. I was ready.
I woke up bright and early this morning to go out and hang signs. I checked the weather one more time before heading out the door. 70 degrees and sunny. Great! I grabbed the signs and a stapler and headed out the door. This is what I saw:

Yup, that is a wet windshield. It rained late last night and it was still quite damp and wet. I was terribly disheartened but trying to remain positive I went out and hung signs anyway.
It never really cleared up. It was chilly and overcast all day-- certainly not the type of weather to bring out hoards of shoppers-- but I still made a fairly decent chunk of change. And more importantly I had FUN! I have such nice neighbors (I met several new ones) and it felt so good to be surrounded by so many people who truly care about my well being.
Deidra and Abraham both arrived at my house before 8am! Abraham brought bagels and coffee!

My sister came all the way from Pittsburgh!

My little neighbor stopped by.

I got smacked in the face by toys.

Some friends were more helpful than others.
lol

I kept several things that didn't sell for my own daughter and took the rest to Goodwill.
It was a really great day.
3 comments:
I thought about you all this morning on my end of life and I was hoping and praying for a good turn-out....oh well, at least you had good time, fun, and fellowship.
Have you ever thought about an indoor yard sale? It's the rage in California. Folks set up their living room for shopping and send out notices on Craigslist and YardSale (much like Freecycle)...and lastly, did the black stroller sale? (Can you tell I need another stroller?).
I have never thought about doing an indoor yardsale! Well, actually I had but I didn't know there was such a thing. How do you keep folks from roaming all around or trying to buy things that aren't for sale or from asking to use your bathroom? And what about those taking the 5 finger discount? lol
I may just have to do that, though. I like the idea.
As far as the stroller, you are the second person to ask about it. I bought it from someone else for my own use! It is great, isn't it?
oh, and thanks for your good thoughts and sorry about the stroller.
Post a Comment