1.20.2009

Inauguration Weekend - Monday

What an amazing day! So much energy and enthusiasm! We braved the frigid temperatures to watch Barack Obama make history!

(my metro card)

(it was SO cold!)
(BTW ~ I was offered a ticket to the "blue section"-- right up front-- but it didn't pan out. My friend with the tickets had a good reason why she opted out of the festivities altogether but I can't say I wasn't disappointed! Andrea and I headed down there anyway and at least I can tell my grandchildren I was there!)

3 comments:

Adopting1Soon said...

Oh you LUCKY LUCKY girl!


My parents live in the area and they stayed home.... which I don't blame them, they are seniors and it WAS frigid. I'm glad no one died from the cold. I heard there was a 105 year old woman in the front row, bundled up inside a sleeping bag with only her nose showing!

It must have been amazing to actually be there and get some of that crowd energy! Good for you!

I actually got to shake his hand when he was speaking here where I live. It'll be a moment I never forget.

veggiemom said...

Lucky, lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

That's exciting that you were there for such an historic event! You were part of history this week.