1.22.2009

Inauguration Weekend (cont.)

A few more pictures, a video, and hilarious comments from my Kindergartners...

I met Andrea at Union Station.

Brrr... Let's huddle!


Looking like a stuffed turkey in front of the Capitol Building!


Everybody was selling something!



At school on Wednesday many of the kids were excited to tell me that they had watched Obama on TV so we sat in a circle and I asked the kids to share what they did over their 4 day weekend. Here are some of the answers I got (some relevant to Obama, some just damn funny!):

Esteban: "My whole family watched Barack Obama on TV. I saw him in a limousine and I saw the secret service."

Rafael: "I went to the inauguration. I was wearing two pairs of underwear, two pairs of socks (two on each foot), and I wore two pairs of pants and two shirts. I was a mile away but I watched it on a gigantic TV screen near me called a jumbotron."

Lydia: "I played with my dog and my tooth fell out and it was bleeding. I dranked some water and I sucked the blood. Then it fell behind the toilet but I found it and put it in a special box."

Fabian: "My mom and her boyfriend painted my playroom bluish-green. He's bald. I put a futon in it and light and dark tiles and my old TV."

Yasmin: "My mom cooked pepper tacos. They have sliced peppers and melted cheese and Iranian butter and eggs."

Jazelia: "I saw Obama and the White House and I saw the swimming pool and we went swimming!"

Emily: " I looked at the TV and I loved Barack Obama cause he's the last president and he wasn't dead."


They had me cracking up! Kindergartners are hilarious!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Hey girl! On the cookies...sugar goes into the batter and then they get rolled in some as well, after they cool a little bit. Proud of you for trying them! Yummy!

hazel said...

Out of the mouths of babes - love it@