1.27.2009

Snow Day!

Yay! A snow day today! The best thing about being a teacher! (is that a problem?!)
Meanwhile, I have strep throat.

I called in sick Monday and Tuesday so at least I only have to use one day of leave now. I really should be saving up those days for when my little one comes home... although I'm really not sure how that works anyway. Do I get to use sick days for materinty leave? Do I even get maternity leave if I haven't worked there a year? Can I extend FMLA if I don't feel like we've bonded enough? Hmmm... things I clearly need to figure out!

4 comments:

Adopting1Soon said...

Apparently, Obama was surprised his kids got a snow day today!

As far as FMLA... where I work, I can use annual leave plus sick leave and if I don't have 12 weeks of both of those combined, then I can take the rest as unpaid leave.

I guess that's beeter than not getting anything... but I would have preferred if it was paid!

Also, now I have to force myself to work if sick, and can't take my Mexico vacation! NOR can I take my Ethiopian (2 for 1 ticket) in March with my mom to go see my girl! because if I do, I'll just have to be unpaid for that time I take on the other end when I'm on maternity (FMLA)leave. UGH.

You should def. look into it. It was a rude awakening when I fund out yesterday. I had al these travel plans... all in the crapper now.

As my friend Michelle said: 'Thus begins the season of parental sacrifices!"

So true. Too true!

Single PAP said...

i dunno... you still might want to take that trip! i was just in ethiopia last spring and i highly recommend you go now so that 1. you can see you little one of course and how she is cared for to ease your mind but also 2. to really travel around and get to know it cause when you go there to pick her up you won't want to do that or won't be able to...just a thought if it's at all feasible...

veggiemom said...

Sorry you have to waste your snow days being sick. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Adopting1Soon said...

here is info on the bed thing I was talking about in my post on co-sleeping
http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6091&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85218&subCategoryId=86218

Hope you are feeling better!