I am on Spring Break! Yay!! This morning, the first thing on the agenda was to photograph the cherry blossoms before the rain came. I drove downtown, found a great parking space, put 4 quarters in the meter and walked about 20 steps when it started to drizzle.So, I returned to my car to wait it out. While waiting I took these shots:
After about 15 minutes I hopped out of my car--put another 4 quarters in the meter (1 quarter only gave 7½ minutes) and snapped these right before it started pouring:
The lighting wasn't the greatest but I think I got some pretty decent shots. I really need to study my camera manual this week while I'm off. On the way home I stopped to pump gas. It was there where I spotted a penny on the ground.
Like I have done since I was was about eight years old, I recited "See a penny, pick it up? All day long you'll have good luck. See a penny, let it lie? All good luck will pass you by". As I bent down to pick it up I wondered what good luck I was going to have.
I found out 15 minutes later. When I got home I saw this parked across the street from my house.
The man, an employee of the water company, asked me how long I was going to park in front of my house because he had some work to do. Knowing I hadn't requested any work (and growing concerned as I spotted the front end of his bulldozer with remnants of broken asphalt therein) I asked him to double check the address of the assignment. He repeated my address to me and informed me that he was to begin right away but would call his supervisor to prove to me that this was where he was supposed to be. Turns out he was supposed to be digging up at my street address but in a different quadrant of town! Can you imagine what a mess that would have been if I hadn't been off this week; if I hadn't gotten home in time? Thank goodness for that lucky penny! :-)




10 comments:
hey, not sure how these comment things work...but I am adopting from Ethiopia as well!!! I am using Bethany. May I ask which one you decided on after the first one didn't work out?
chrissy
Yeah Laura,
It's good thing you picked up that penny :)
Andrea
Love the pics! And yay for the lucky penny. :-)
Those pictures are absolutely lovely. Congratulations on the lucky penny (and getting the homestudy done FINALLY).
Ah, another single Ethiopia lady (why is it that song pops into my head EVERY time I hear or say the word single)?
Congrats on the home-study--and the penny!
Those are awesome photographs!
Thank you penny!! And I love the pictures - Spring is here!
Wow! That was a blessing. Silly backhoe man!
About the penny- b/c almost every time I have picked one up something NOT nice has happened, I now say,
Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck, BUT leave it for someone else to find, and you will have more peace of mind! :)
These photos show real talent! Loved them. Mom
What wonderful photos!! The spring blossom trees are just starting here in British Columbia. We are behind this year because of our cold winter and tons of snow...
I have just discovered your blog. I am in the process of adopting too.. I look forward to reading more in your blog.
Congrats on getting you Home Study finished, I know that is a huge weight lifted!
:) Robyn
Post a Comment