4.13.2009

Good-bye Quiet Vacations

One last day of vacation before back to work I go. Wow. I don't know why, but I just realized that these quiet, do-what-I-please, me-focused vacations are really about to become a thing of the past. This is in fact my last child-free spring break and one of the last vacations where I can really relax, sleep in, and do as I please. Since I don't have the luxury of being able to take an exciting international vacation I utilize my time off with a mix of visiting family and spending time trying to get things done around the house. I really wanted to get a lot done this week (my TO DO list was 5 pages long!) and I am happy to say that I did get quite started on quite a bit-- i.e. identifying odd jobs and hiring someone to take care of them (like fixing the broken drawer in my bathroom, hanging a shelf above my refrigerator, dealing with the moisture in my basement, etc.); removing clutter; setting up the nursery; organizing files, closets and drawers-- and also made time to visit family.

Here are a few pictures from my break.

I ran into some old childhood friends at church. I found out my dear friend Rebecca and her husband are also in the adoption process!

Here's my dad reading the Ethiopian adoption bible copy of Melissa Fay Greene's book I brought for them.


And of course I got some pizza!
It was a great Spring Break!

6 comments:

hazel said...

YAAY!! Back to the cheese, back to the pizza :-) Congrats on surviving Lent and for getting so much done over the break.

Shauna said...

I know exactly what you mean....

StefB said...

I can tell you that you're right to cherish your relatively care-free days now. As a single adoptive mom to a 2.5 year old, and also currently on spring break from my teaching job, I can tell you that I do miss those days of down-time with nothing but choices of whether or not to be productive. I went into an adoption KNOWING that losing that freedom would be the hard part for me, and it is. BUT, as you know and you always hear, the trade-off is beyond comparison. Challenging, exhausting, infuriating (remember, she's 2.5) and AMAZING. Nonetheless, SAVOR the life you have now. Soak it up! For me!!

Stefanie, mom to Tiana

Adopting1Soon said...

Ok, what I was talking about was when I clicked on your blog, every entry since the snow day in March was gone!! The snow day was the first entry on the page. I was flabbergasted! Wel obviously it's back to normal. :-)

Adopting1Soon said...

Oh, btw, didn't you have a link to a baby book for adoptive kids at one point? I was looking for that and cant find it....

Single PAP said...

did i? i had make your blog into a book i know. gosh, i haven't looked at my links in so long. click on the ones it might be and see.. and let me know! lol