2.07.2008

Where is the time going??! It's almost 7:30. I finished my autobiography. That man (my social worker) knows my life story like no one else! Phew! And I cleaned my kitchen, living room, bedroom and dining room. That's it. Still to do before bedtime:

- clean sunroom, basement, den, office, bathrooms
- finish two other parts of home study that the SW asked for (what's taking so long is trying to remember all my addresses for the last eighteen years! That's many, many, many addresses for me)
- create cards for swap (oh the pressure... I got one in the mail already!)
-bills (why am I not doing on-line bill pay??!)

My friend Maria, originally only coming in town for the weekend, may actually be staying until Thursday now. She has never been to DC so I want to show her a good time, but I told her about all the crap I have to get done. I think I am going to have to save the rest of the cleaning for the weekend. The bills and HS are more important. She doesn't arrive until 4pm tomorrow so I will have some time after work tomorrow to get a bit more done.

I wonder how clean my house really needs to be for my home study anyway? I know this is a big deal in the adoption process but it's another one of those annoying things that gets under my skin when I compare having a baby to adopting a baby. I mean, no one comes to your house to scrutinize it when you are about to deliver. But I don't have any time to rant about that right now!

*Update ~ Finished what is required for Monday's home study. It's now 10:45 pm.

1 comment:

crazylady said...

But is that bookcase still neat? And did you bake for the SW? Did you hide all the wine? Did put out cinnamon scented potpourri like you do at an open house? Like the rest of us lunatics?

Email me:
searchanddestroytwins@gmail.com
something to share...