2.18.2008
Post job fair
I had no idea. No idea that the job fair was going to be so damn intense! No idea that candidates were going to have colorful brochures instead of resumes. No idea that they would have CD roms instead of resumes. No idea that they would have entire websites devoted to every detail about their teaching careers!! Who knew?? Not me, that's for sure! It was overwhelming. And then almost every minute of the day was taken up--between interviews and school presentations and reviewing school details and benefits online to talking to other candidates to writing letters of interest to writing letters to state disinterest to looking at school brochures to reviewing notes with questions to ask... on and on and ON. It went straight through from 7 to way beyond 6 every day. Completely exhausting!!! I have been home now for a couple of days and I have yet to fully recover from the whole ordeal. It was a lot. But in the end, I got 3 offers!!!!! One in Amman, Jordan; one in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and one in Manila, Philippines. I thought about it and made my decision. Next year I will be living here!! I accepted their offer yesterday morning! Since that decision has been made, though, adopting a child is obviously on hold for at least one year. I will go ahead and finish my home study (I already paid for it for one, but also because I can take it with me) but I'm not sure when I will resume exactly. I may adopt while living there or I do it when I return. I really don't know. But what I do know is I think this blog needs to come to a temporary close until I am back in mommy-mode. Perhaps I will start another one to keep folks posted on my exotic Southeast Asian travels? But if not, it has been really great getting to know so many of you through the blog world and I wish you all peace and joy! Ingat! (Take care in Tagalog)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You got 3 offers!!!!!!! You are the bomb!!! I'm soooooo proud of you! Great! Now where are OUR choices???????? I need to know where I'm vacationing next year!
That's awesome! I'm packing my bags! Sushi to catch up?
Sushi sounds great!! One day next week would be great! Call me!!!
Post a Comment