2.11.2008

Home Visit, Job Fair and Cards


I had my second home study today. We met at my house this time. I have to admit, as much as I didn't like the idea, I did clean this place pretty thoroughly. I didn't have any time to get to the grocery store so I'm glad he turned down my offer for something to drink cause all I had was one measly diet soda and water (tap water!). All in all it was pretty painless. He just wanted to chat about my autobiography and take a look around my house. The next meeting he wants to meet one of my references. We scheduled that for March.


Meanwhile, I heard from one of the schools in Hong Kong that there are no more primary openings there. That was disappointing since my friend and I were hoping to both get offers at the same place. But, on a happy note, I got an email from another school requesting that we set up an interview ahead of time! So, I have one guaranteed interview for the job fair! Whoo-hoo! Unfortunately it's first grade which I really didn't want to teach and not very high paying, but it is at one of the schools I am interested in so I can't complain. Gosh, I have so much to do to get ready for the fair! I need to buy something to interview in since I am too fat for most of my clothes, update my resume and xerox several copies of it, review the benefits packages of the schools, get passport photos made to attach to my resume, make a list of things to pack, and figure out how I am getting to the airport. It's strange to think that in less than a week I will know if I am going to be moving abroad and where. Of course, it figures that now that I love my house, my social life is great and I am happy living in DC, the thought of leaving is much more difficult. But in ten years when I look back I think it will be cool to say I worked in Asia or Africa. Besides, it's good to shake things up now and again, lest you get stagnant. Being forced out of your comfort zone is great way to grow.


These are the cards I created for the swap. Simple. I can't wait to get mine!

3 comments:

hazel said...

You'll know in less than a week? yikes! I can't wait to hear the outcome. I agree, you need to shake things up every now and again. Whatever happens, you won't regret it.

hazel said...

p.s. I forgot to say how great the cards look. I love that saying.

Liz and Ava said...

Found your blog from anothers.
Love the quote on your cards!