2.26.2008
So, one of my students gave me a lovely silver planter and some bulbs for Christmas.
The packaging said to plant the bulbs by February and by spring I would have a bowl full of lovely paper white Narcissus. These are basic directions and a no-brainer for a gardener type but I am a city gal. I had no idea even which end of the bulb went down into the soil! After trial and error (planting them correctly the first time, digging them up and planting them upside down that then realizing my error and digging them up again and finally planting them correctly!) I finally figured it out. Here is what they look like as of today. :) I think they might actually bloom!
I am having less luck with my orchids, though. I got one from a student as an end of the year gift and another from a friend in May. They both had lovely flowers on them when I received them as gifts but they eventually fell off and have yet to return.
When I moved my Narcissus to a brighter room I decided to try to revive my orchids. I think they are still alive since the leaves are still green (even if they are a bit droopy) so I watered them thoroughly and placed them in a sunny spot. Hopefully they will bloom again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment