Last week was hectic and stressful. First I had to work out the certification issue. It took awhile but they agreed that I am able to teach K using my California certification. Meanwhile, I continued with my interviewing process. I drove miles and miles and was in the hotseat for seven panel interviews. I was asked about my educational philosophy, how to do a guided reading lesson and the elements of a balanced literacy classroom. I was asked to describe my classroom management style, how I communicate with parents, how I collaborate with colleagues, how I use technology in lessons, how I use data to drive instruction and a million other things but it was all worth it because in the end I got six Kindergarten offers! Yay!! Thanks to everyone who sent out good vibes and said prayers! Then came the decision making process. I ruled one out automatically based on distance alone (over an hours drive) and then I made a chart!

Then I analyzed it.
And analyzed it some more.
Made a decision.
And then questioned that decision!
But in the end, I got a great K position--not too far from my house--and I start tomorrow!
7 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have been thinking of you and following your posts and I am so happy for you. Awesome!
Wow - congratulations!! I'm a chart-maker too... really helps to get all the factors down on paper.
So glad you found a gig you like and it's close to home!
Congratulations! This should help ease the stress around that.
Yay Laura! Congratulations. Now call the social worker!
Robbin
CONGRATS!!!!!!
Hey you! Congratulations on the new job and thanks for the nice comment on our blog! If you don't mind I'm going to add you to our blogroll so I can follow along your journey to the motherland with you! Yay!
Lor
yaaaaaay!!!! congrats!
Post a Comment