1.21.2008

Excitiment is building...

So everything has been confirmed for the job fair and I am very excited to see where I am going to be living next year!!!! I will be fine if I get a job or if I don't. Here's the deal: I have to get an ideal job offer to accept; i will not accept just any job.


Here's what I am looking for...

* a preschool, pre-K, K or 2nd grade position (I might take first grade, but teaching kids to read is no joke--it's exhausting and stressful)
* a large school so I have a selection of people to go out with and/or travel with and one which has things that large schools often have--gyms, pools, tennis courts, pottery studios, etc.
* a high salary in case I can't rent out my house but will still be able to travel and save
*a beach (ok, not necessary, but would be a really nice perk!)

...and living abroad will allow me to work on my books (without the distractions of fixing up my house and never ending to-do lists), travel around Africa or Asia, volunteer in an orphanage, eat healthfully, possibly learn a language, and just enjoy my last bit of time being single.



But if I don't get a job offer I like I will be fine with that because I will...

*get a dog--either a Weimaraner or a Labradoodle (which I will enter into shows)
*sign up for guitar lessons and more pottery
*join a choir, a church (if I can find one), Howard Alumni Association and maybe AKA
*redo my basement
*visit my parents more often
*continue with the adoption

...i will also need to decide if getting a new job makes sense or if i can continue to work part time and really, seriously try to start my **great** business idea (which i really believe is unique and will make money) and finish my books which are sitting on my desk barely started.


So, yes, in exactly 27 days I will know and I can't wait!!!!!

2 comments:

crazylady said...

Wow, both mighty fine options.
You sound like a list maker. I am too.
And I LOVE Weimaraners like Faye Raye! Though I wouldn't dress my dogs up. Our Lab Reno barey tolerates a festive handkerchief on her neck.

Sen
Good luck!

McEntee Madness said...

Hi there! Good luck at the job fair! If you're planning on coming to Thailand though, it may be hard to find the "ideal" job you are looking for. The cost of living is cheaper, so the major pay cut doesn't hurt too bad. But being in a different country it is easy to find many ways to spend your money i.e. TRAVELING! It is a beautiful country and I love my decison to come here. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.