11.24.2008

It's Been a Rough Week


First of all, thank you all for your support in this very difficult time. The kind words and prayers were so comforting and I also appreciate the emails I received with information about other agencies. In light of the timeframe given to me by Gladney, I have no choice but to switch agencies. I am hopeful that I can find an agency that is single-friendly and with a shorter projected wait time; I am actively researching all the suggestions left in the comments and private emails. Hopefully something will pan out and I will be able to continue with my dream of bringing home my daughter from Ethiopia.

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

Look at WACAP.
Hugs and good luck...

Min/El said...

Good luck to you! I know there will be a day when we all look back on this time of waiting and frustration and it will be a distant memory. In the long run when you look in your child's eyes it will all be worth it.

hazel said...

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! I am so happy to read this. I know you will find the right agency to take you all the way on your journey.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED my agency (Dove), very single-friendly, and (as of a few days ago, anyway) still taking singles.

Linda said...

I am so sorry. There are no good words. Someday this may be a bad dream but that doesn't help now. I'm glad you are looking for other options. It's really too bad it's so hard to adopt when we know there are kids out there who need families.
Good luck to you.

Jennifer said...

I just saw your post about Gladney. I'm so sorry. I will be thinking about you and hoping you find another agency.