11.17.2008

Despair


I just learned from my agency that due to new regulations in Ethiopia regarding singles, my adoption won't be processed until 2012. I have nothing else to say.

17 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this,

Nicholas said...

I have so many thoughts and feelings right now... I don't know what to say except how terribly sad and angry I am for you and the children in Ethiopia. That is just not right.... more on this later from me.

I'm so, so sorry hun. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lori

Jebena said...

I'm thinking about you and holding your heart up to the LORD. Don't give up on your desire for a child --- your heart is a blessing.

Nikki said...

I don't know what else to say other than I am so very sorry...

Nikki

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. This must be very hard. Why are there new regulations?

Melissa said...

So, so sorry. What else to say?

Unknown said...

i am so so sorry....

Shawn said...

Hang in there Laura. I'm praying for you all right now.

paige said...

Laura,

Is there a reason you can't switch agencies? Dove does single adoptions and as far as I know, nothing has changed there. Habesha Child and I both used DOve. Please, email one of us if you want more info. 2012 is absurd.

xo

Single PAP said...

thanks for your kind comments and support everyone. i am not sure what i am going to do at this point. i am in the midst of researching other agencies. there has got to be one with a shorter wait time. thanks for the information, paige. i am sorry i do not have your contact info but i will contact habesha child.

laura

paige said...

Hey Laura,

Jump to my blog through my comment and leave a comment of your own--the first one is moderated on my blog. We can exchange info from there if you'd like...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this, but don't give up. I feel it will work out for you much sooner than 2012. Good thoughts only!

msl said...

I am so sorry! My sister is a single adoptive mother so I feel the unfairness of this very closely.

veggiemom said...

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs...

Stacy said...

oh dear, I am soooo very sorry. I hope and hope that this bad news changes quickly and you find a faster path. It made me feel sick to read this, I am so sorry. Thinking about you, and the kids who will be missing out on some awesome mothers.

hazel said...

Laura, I don't even know what to say to those of you affected by this. I hope you are able to switch to another agency and get by this. After the journey you've taken to get this far!!

I'm waiting to find out from my agency if we Canadian single women will be faced with the same change in policy. I'm expecting a call back today (Friday). Until then, I'll have a lump in my throat and rocks in my gut. I feel sick.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is kelli, i am also a single woman who is waiting. i stumbled on your blog from julies. i just wanted to throw out one idea, perhaps change agencies? there are other agencies that have not been given their restriciton yet and although they probably will, i know there is wait, and amount of singles is much less than gladney's. i am with WACAP and I know they have 8 singles now. just a suggestion and only meant with goodness. all the best,
kelli (studio city)