4.08.2008

Yahoo Groups

Since joining that Americans adopting overseas yahoo group I have learned so much about adopting while overseas. The internet is amazing. According to members of the group, adopting from Ethiopia is fairly easy while living abroad. Apparently it can be done easily within one year. Now I just need to find an agency who will work with me while living abroad. I am currently working with Gladney and hope to be able to continue working with them if at all possible, but I may need to switch to an agency that is more comfortable working with Americans adopting while living overseas. I placed a call to my social worker at Gladney today only to discover that she no longer works there so I am awaiting a call back from her temporary replacement.

** update
Got an email from the temporary replacement woman who referred me back to my original social worker. I sent her an email asking her if I can continue to work with Gladney if I move overseas in the middle of the process.

No comments: