So I joined a yahoo group for Americans adopting overseas and I am learning how challenging it can be but also that it can be done! The paperwork and the costs seem overwhelming (even more so than usual) but I am heartened to learn that it may be an option after all! I need to call Gladney this week to see what their take is on it but if they are unable to help me continue with my adoption, it appears that there are other agencies that can!! I am so excited. Cause if I cannot adopt from abroad it may be three long years before I meet my child and I don't know if I can wait that long. I want to live abroad and I want to adopt and I won't be completely happy and fulfilled unless I have the opportunity to do both. Wish me luck!
Meanwhile, I am continuing to complete the paperwork for my homestudy. I need to get it done in the next couple of weeks so it can be approved and have whatever I can take with me to Manila. I'll just add that to the list with what to do with my house, car, furniture, preparing for the move, taxes, doctors appointments...
3.31.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment