I'm back. I decided that since I am still adopting I need to still keep writing with updates. Although I started another blog with my Manila adventures, this one can still be used to report on my adoption progress.
Last Friday I had my final home study. It did not go so well. For one, my friend was supposed to meet with my social worker (she's one of my references) and she never showed up. She is hands down the most reliable person I know and she had an emergency but I don't think the SW was too happy about it. He said he would meet with her later and not to worry about it, but he seemed a bit perturbed. He did tell me though that he knows of many families who adopt while living abroad and gave me a website to check out more on that, so that was positive. I know I made the right decision to hold off on adopting for at least one year, but it is really hard to think that I may not get a child from Ethiopia now which my heart was so set on. My life is so topsy turvy and all over the place but I know it's the life I was meant to have. In the end, I want to have lived it fully so this detour is all part of the divine plan.
So I will continue to update on this blog on what's going on in my life before I move in four months...if anyone is still reading!
3.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment