9.15.2011

The Latest

That last post was written in July and somehow never got posted. Not sure why so I went ahead and posted it anyway because so much has happened and I hate not getting it all down!! I am just so incredibly busy and haven't had time to set up a new blog. If I can't do it soon I will just return to this blog because I miss blogging desperately!

So, yes, we are here and two months later I still find myself surprised that I actually pulled it off! Do I really live 8,000 miles from home? It's really amazing to me and although adjusting to life overseas has been hard for both of us, I know I made the right decision.

Almi is growing in so many ways! She's getting taller and heavier; her hair is getting longer and her vocabulary is expanding. She is more expressive and affectionate than ever! She is the youngest in her class (a mixed class of 3 and 4 year olds) but she is thriving. She misses Ms. Etse but she loves her new school. I am thrilled with her teachers and they say wonderful things about her. I am so proud!

Here are a few photos from the trip. They flew us business class which was really nice. I bought a flight harness which I highly recommend.

We had to change planes and dragging bags and a toddler through an airport on no sleep was no picnic but thankfully she is a great traveler!

The toilet in Korea had all these weird symbols on it. I told her not to touch but frankly I was kind of curious myself. She pushed one of these buttons and it was a spray of water like a bidet except the water came up very high and hit the door. I figured it would stop on it's own but it didn't!! A large puddle was forming on the floor as I was frantically pushing buttons trying to find the off switch. It wasn't funny at the time but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious!

Here are a few pics hanging out in the business class lounge:

Three planes later we arrived at our destination. We were both exhausted.

We finally arrived at our new apartment and I snapped this photo of the lobby as soon as we walked in. Our apartment is quite nice... and has no bugs (which is what I was most afraid of with living in the tropics so what a relief!!)

My new job, as predicted, is extremely busy. I don't get to see Almi as much as I want which I am finding really hard. But I look forward to things settling down soon so I can spend more time with her and start taking advantage of all the perks that living abroad offers. Here we are in front of our school:

Almi is happy and I am starting to make friends and we have a trip to beach planned in the coming weeks!! Life is good. But most importantly we have each other. I am so happy to have my little girl here experiencing all of this with me.

Well, that's a small update and someway, somehow I will get back to blogging full time very soon!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, flight harness...who knew! Now, I'm not afraid of taking my almost 3 year old on another flight. You are my inspiration for moving overseas next year. I look forward to reading more about your life overseas with Almi.

K

one + one said...

LOVE reading this! How exciting and INSPIRING!

JJ said...

Great to see this post! So glad things are going well. I've been thinking of the two of you and wondering how you were doing.

Sha Zam- said...

So glad to know you are doing well!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! you're back! We've MISSED YOU SO! So glad to hear you are settling in and likeing the job. Is Almi still asking to go home? Do you guys have skype to do with her old friends and Ms. Etse? So glad she loves her new school! I hope things settle down for you some and you can spend more time with your little one :o) Leo

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to see the update. I have often thought of you and wondered how your new life was going. Thank you for updating!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back it fantastic to hear you are settling in. Almi looks like she is acustom to traveling. She is such a mini celeb.
Your apartment looks awesome you didn't say you were living in a presidential palace. It's looks like the kind of place I think when I have won the lotto I will rent!
I do hope things settling down soon so you and Almi can spend time at the beach.
Welcome back to blog world.
Btw in the pic you looked relaxed so it looks like the change to the millionaire lifestyle is good.
D

D said...

I can't wait to hear more of your adventures. I loved living in Japan & miss it terribly.

Anonymous said...

L, It's so good to read that things are going well for the two of you. We miss your blogging...please find some time to keep us updated!

Jebena

I's mom said...

Great to see you two are settling in well. There's always an adjustment peiod and it seems you two are adjusting fairly well. I do miss reading your blog. How are you finding the food there? ALso, were you able to connect w/ the guy who was giving you some info before your trip on food. Hope your enjoying your new place, new job, & your live-in (which isn't all cake & ice cream as some people think).

Twinkle said...

Yeah! So glad you returned to blogging I love reading your blog :) So glad you and Almi made it to your destination safely.

tracy hanson said...

You are Both so Brave & Beautiful!
Blessings to both you.