


Tami tagged me so I need to post the top ten most important things to do before I become a mom. Hmmm.... I don't know if these are supposed to be practical-get-ready-for-baby things or uh-oh-the-single life-as-I-know-it
is-going-to-end-better-have-a-last-hurrah kind of things...so I will put in 5 of each. Let's see... OK...
1. Buy carpeting to cover the hard wood floors upstairs. Crawling on hardwood can't be comfortable and is rough on the knees!
2. Get my finances in order. (boring)
3. Decide if I can afford to send my child to the private school I work for and if not find a higher paying job or go teach in a good public school system. Hmmm... I guess that would mean moving, too, cause DCPS is not an option! OK, moving? That's huge..
4. Get a privacy fence for my backyard and redo the deck so I can start the family barbecue thing. Landscaping would be nice but I need to be saving money!
5. Figure out how to get my home business to start making some money!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6. Go on one last all-inclusive trip with the girls where I can flirt, drink too many rum punches, party all night and sleep in til noon.
7. Take class(es)--pottery, digital photography, illustration, French, ESL?
8. Date as much a possible cause God knows that's going to be o-v-e-r!!
(for a little while)
9. Enjoy peace and quiet, lots of sleep, being spontaneous, going the gym/yoga, being alone.
10. And lastly, get a dog. I am looking for a dog that doesn't bark a lot, doesn't require more than one daily walk (so it won't tear up my house when I am work), who is good with kids and doesn't shed. Any suggestions?




7 comments:
Kids don't crawl for very long. If that is the only reason you are getting carpet, i would save my money. If it feels a little uncomfortable, that is all the more incentive for them to walk. I have almost exclusively hardwood and some area rugs, and Amara did fine. Plus, you don't want to get carpet and then discover your kid has allergies to dustmites which is very common.
As for dating, it took me almost a year to start dating again. I am still not all that interested in it to be honest. But who knows? The right guy could change that.
Come to think of it, I'm allergic to dust mites!! Darn it! I really wanted carpet! (I'm such a floor person) I guess I hadn't figured in that they don't crawl for very long. Hmmmm and a year to start dating? I don't know if I would like that. I'm not interested in dating but I would like a man in my life! (how can i do that w/o dating-i don't know- let me know if find a way!)
Love the list!!!!!!!!! I had a few laughs!!!!!!! Can I get in on a few of those? Like a trip that is on my list also!
WOW! You are going to accomplish a lot! Sounds like I need to make my own list...have lots to do before the baby comes!
Go to this website: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm It'll help you find a dog! I think as long as you subject the dog to children early on, it will get used to them!
Tami, sure, join me on a trip!
Rebecca, I didn't say i was going to accomplish all of those!! LOL Thanks for the dog breed info
answering your number 10 criteria: get a cat :) LOL
a cat, eh? that's a thought. LOL is there a shedless cat?
Post a Comment